Assistant Branch Manager
Irving, TX, USA
FSR is a leading provider of premier talent for credit unions (Direct -Hire) specifically recruiting for the credit union industry. Our experienced placement professionals have an unparalleled understanding of our client’s business culture and candidate expectations. We expertly match our candidates talent to our clients need for any all staff levels within the credit union organization, from teller to CEO we can make it happen for you.
Progressive Credit Union is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager. This is a high-profile position, reporting to the AVP Operations with frequent interaction with Executive Management. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that is eager to excel in our organization.
Responsible for assisting and administering the operational efforts of the branch to include overseeing balancing of the ATM, vault/cash drawers and recycler. Ensures established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures members are promptly and professionally served. Acts as a Loan Officer and Teller when necessary and actively cross sells Credit Union products and services. Handles difficult member situations when needed. Keeps Branch Manager informed of branch operations and staff issues.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Cross-sells and processes consumer loans and delivers to underwriters for review.
Answers calls in a professional manner to handle customer inquiries, maintenance, loans and transactions. Manage and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner. Identifies cross-sell opportunities with all in-bound and out-bound calls.
Monitors the work of branch personnel: allocates resources to meet operational needs within the branch; oversees timely balancing of vault/ATM/recycler/tellers/branch capture; and ensures accuracy and completeness of all operations/lending work to ensure they are in compliance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
Receives and processes customers financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payments; sells money orders, cashier checks, and pre-paid cards; and handles credit card advances. Balances vault, cash drawer and daily transactions and submits checks for electronic clearing.
Assist members with opening and closing accounts, answering questions about products and services. Resolves problems that are within their authority and refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor.
Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions after discussing with supervisor.
Maintains communications with main office; attends scheduled meetings and business development activities, uses shared schedule and calendar to keep others informed.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards.
2. Current member accounts are maintained or expanded and additional ones solicited. Good business relationships exist with members and their questions and problems are promptly resolved.
3. Branch personnel are well trained and efficient, and their activities well coordinated.
4. Membership/credit applications and related financial data are closely and effectively analyzed and evaluated. Applications taken are accurate, complete, compliant and timely.
5. Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Suggestions are provided for improved efficiency or effectiveness in operations.
6. Good working relationships exist with branch personnel and management. Appropriate assistance is provided to staff as needed.
7. Branch transactions, loan volumes, expenses, and profitability are in line with Credit Union standards.
Two years or more similar or related experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this position or other positions see the Financial Staffing Resources page on our site or get in touch with them directly:
Financial Staffing Resources
15950 Dallas Pkwy # 400
Dallas, TX 75248